Are you feeling bogged down from the Holidays and all it’s decadent sweets and goodies? Are you ready to start SEEING some much-needed changes to what you’re seeing in the mirror? Are you ready to start feeling AMAZING?
Read on to learn how!
We are on the verge of yet another year gone by, and what better way to start it off than to ‘reset’ your body as well?? As with every New Year, I tend to have huge ideas and big dreams for getting things accomplished. This year is no different. In fact, I may be going just a teensy weensy tad over the top.
So, what is the challenge? I am challenging myself and those who want to join me to a ‘clean body sweep’…something kinda extreme, but kinda not, to reset our bodies for the year ahead.
We are going to say NO to:
- Added sugar
- Processed foods
We are going to say YES to:
- Whole foods
- Lean proteins
- Unsweetened almond, coconut or cashew milk
Yes, dairy is included on the “no no” list. And that makes me a little sad. But I am eager to see what changes I experience, and I am willing to do something extreme. 🙂
I have been in a weight loss stall for the past 3 months, and even then, it takes all I can muster just to maintain. So… I am ready to get healthy and kick these last 20 lbs to the curb – once and for all. Of course, I am not expecting to lose all 20 lbs during this reset. But I am anxious to see how CLEAN I feel inside, and what omissions I want to keep doing even after the 30 days.
What happens after 30 days?
Go back to our old eating habits? I hope not. My goal in doing this challenge is to do a kind of ‘self evaluation’ of what foods I think my body can handle and what foods I think it can’t. I am going to keep a daily journal of how I feel; overall, emotionally and physically. This ought to be loads of fun!
Here’s how to start:
- Take a ‘before’ photo of yourself. Get a front view and a side view so you can compare yourself at the end of the challenge.
- Weigh yourself. You can choose to either weigh yourself once a week or wait until the end of the challenge to weigh again. (I’ve decided to do it once a week, because I’m pretty sure I will drive myself crazy if I do it every day, as I’ve been used to.)
- Take measurements. I don’t like to, either, but I think it’s super important. The number on the scale could very well stay the same, but you’ve lost a lot of inches. You won’t know unless you measure!
- Clean out your cupboards. We don’t want to allow ourselves the temptation, so just get rid of the stuff. If you have to live with it (i.e. others who are not as crazy as we are to do such a challenge), then perhaps keep it in a special spot away from where you do your meal prep.
- Keep a journal. Write down what you’re eating, how you’re feeling, everything. This way, you can go back after the challenge and see for yourself what it did for you. Plus, this is an excellent way to stay on track.
- Workout 4-5 times a week. Last but not least, we have to get moving. Food and exercise go hand in hand. I know it’s difficult, especially if you have children, to find the time. That’s why I love ‘less is more’ workouts… 20 minutes. Choose a workout to follow for the entire month, or choose to do a few moves that will get your heart pumping. Go for a hike or walk around the block.
I know it may seem a little daunting, but hey. Changes don’t happen with a snap of the fingers. CHANGES happen when we push ourselves to something new – and yes, sometimes, extreme. But extremes are good, sometimes, for just a little while. And that is why we are only doing this for 30 days.
I will be here to encourage everyone (and myself!) each step of the way. Follow me on Instagram @modestfitmommy for more up-to-date news and motivational posts. Use the hashtag #30daycleanbodysweep so I can be encouraged by you, too!
Together, we CAN do this.